CyberGen is an established security consulting and services provider with an expert technical staff around the globe. We specialize in all manner of cybersecurity solutions with diverse and broad experience in the industry.
We are seeking a Fortinet Security Engineer to join our team. The Fortinet Security Engineer will be responsible for designing, building, implementing, and operationally supporting Fortinet infrastructure. The Fortinet Security Engineer assists in securing our customer’s computer network from internal and external threats across the enterprise with execution of processes and automation opportunities to monitor, control and detect malicious or anomalous activity, maintain established service level agreements (SLAs), and remediate identified gaps to achieve an optimal level of security.
- Design, modify and update configuration on Fortinet firewall infrastructure
- Implement, upgrade, and support Fortinet technology infrastructure
- Troubleshoot and resolve Fortinet technology issues
- Troubleshoot traffic passing firewalls via logs and packet captures
- Gather customer requirements to create detailed implementation plans in accordance to change management and incident management processes
- Assist with development and implementation of cybersecurity strategy planning and project delivery
- Execute on day-to-day operations and maintenance of Fortinet technologies
- Monitor network security trends and suggest changes to policy, procedures, and tools to enhance customer’s security posture
- Support development of customer documentation to include High-level and Low-level designs (HLD/LLD), Methods of Procedure (MOPs), and Acceptance Test Procedures (ATPs).
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs)
- 5+ years of related experience with various Fortinet technologies and versions
- Understanding of general networking and design (Firewalls, DNS, DHCP, VPNs, Routing, Load Balancing, TCP/IP, Packet trace and analysis)
- Familiar with various industry standards including PCI/DSS, HIPAA, NERC, CCPA, and NIST standards
- Knowledge and experience in network security with the ability to deploy and maintain Fortinet technologies
- Skilled in creating and troubleshooting NGFW security policies, NAT policies, and VPN
- Excellent communication skills are required to interface with both technical and non-technical teams
- Experience with multiple site firewall installations, including high availability, virtual, and cloud deployments
- Ability to work well as part of a larger team and have strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously and manage workload prioritization
- NSE7 or above are preferred