CyberGen is an established security consulting and services provider with an expert technical staff around the globe. We specialize in all manner of cybersecurity solutions with diverse and broad experience in the industry
We are seeking a Support Engineer (L1) to join our team. This position is responsible for providing remote technical support to our clients. The ideal candidate is driven by technology evolution, a self-starter with exceptional problem-solving skills, deliver exceptional customer service, and the ability to resolve complex problems and implement solutions with little or no guidance.
This is a Full-time Remote Work from Home (WFH) position that will report to the Service Delivery Manager.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Promptly respond to technology support issues on a 24x7x365 on-call rotation.
- General understanding of, and adherence to, Service Level Objectives (SLOs), Service Level Agreements (SLAs), and ticket escalation
- Provide initial response, triage, and resolution for service calls, and escalate accordingly using documented procedures and available tools
- Maintain confidentially and privacy in all dealings with clients.
- Maintain an up-to-date level of knowledge with regards to desktop and server technologies
- Use remote management software to log into client PC’s and resolve service requests, incidents, and problems
- Administration and troubleshooting of end user accounts, email accounts, security groups, computer accounts, and GPO policies in AD/Azure AD/O365 environments
- Walk customers through installing applications and computer peripherals or other technical questions
- Ensure escalated tickets are documented in real-time and in accordance with Service Desk processes and quality standards
- Perform L1 fault finding and troubleshooting of both incidents and problems
- Determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by customers
- Assist other members of the Service Desk team as needed or directed
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 6 months experience working with server and/or desktop support
- Proficient with Service Desk Documentation, Remote Monitoring/Management tools, and Ticketing Systems in order to accept and resolve service requests and incidents
- Able to clearly and concisely document actions taken during ticket management lifecycle
- Strong ability to manage own time to fulfill tasks efficiently, in the correct priority, and to the required level of quality
- Proficient working with Office Suite (Word, Excel, SharePoint, Outlook, Teams)
- Basic knowledge on Desktop, Server, Switch, Router and Firewall functionalities
- Understand DNS, DHCP, and email technologies as they relate to end users
Advanced skills encompassing:
- Microsoft Desktop OS troubleshooting skills
- Microsoft Office 365 troubleshooting and configuration skills
- Azure Active Directory (Azure AD)
- Network (fundamental) troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work with little or no supervision from direct manager
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, highly technical environment
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Preferred to hold active Microsoft Certified Professional, Microsoft Technology Specialist or equivalent technical certifications
- Other active certifications in related field
Home Office Requirements:
- High speed Internet access
- Private, secure workspace